Friday, April 13, 2007

Please Pray for Elijah

This is a brief post to ask you to pray for our 6 year old son, Elijah. He has been very sick for the past 24 hours with severe headache, intermittent fever, and excessive vomiting. These are classic malaria symptoms and the treatment that we've started him on has not seemed to help. He has had malaria numerous times but with much less severe symptoms and has always responded somewhat quickly to treatment. My husband, David, left at 5:30am today to drive Elijah down to the nearest hospital with competent medical care in the southern part of Togo. He arrived at the Tsiko Baptist hospital around 11am and the doctors are presently trying to diagnose his condition. The malaria smear they performed came back negative and they've ruled out meningitis. They're suspecting a virus of some kind but are still looking into the matter. He is mildly dehydrated so he is getting needed rest and fluids and they will reassess his condition later on this afternoon.

The Lord God is all powerful and I ask you to pray with me for him to show grace and mercy and heal our son. I'll attempt to post later on when I have an update. My friend Deborah brought this scripture to my attention a few months back:

"Pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to Him for the life of your little ones." Lamentations 2:19

Please join us as we ask Him to heal Elijah.

3 comments:

Earlene said...

Dave and Becky,
We are praying for that sweet little grandson of ours. I have sent the news out by email to all my friends and even called some. It will take time but I am sure he will be okay. We love you and are praying desparately for Elijah and all of you. Love you so much. Earlene

Katrina said...

I am lifting Elijah and your whole family up in prayer right now. May God heal him and return him to you, healthy and whole. *Hugs* to you.

أُكتب بالرصاص said...

i enjoyed in ur blog

Springdoo Media Player