Tuesday, May 8, 2007

3 Year Old Gabe



Gabriel is at such a fun and trying age at the same time. I love that he's learning to use his imagination and showing more signs of budding independance. He's learned to wear flip flops around this month without them falling off his feet and is anxious to be a "big kid" with his older siblings. Sometimes, though, he still wants to be a baby and sometimes he goes potty in strange places just to see what our reactions will be. Sometimes he runs up and hits his older brother Elijah over the head as he's trying to fall asleep at night and sometimes he whines, "But I don't waaant to!" But, last month he reported to me with a light in his eyes that "Jesus died on the cross for our sins because He loves us!" 5 different times. And on Sunday when we arrived at the beach I laid down with him to take a rest and watched him sleep in my arms for an hour and remembered him as a sweet baby. I'll take it all together! Gabriel is a wonderful creation of the Lord and I praise God for him! Here he is on the right with his buddy, Owen Ries on the swingset in our front yard last week.

2 comments:

Anthony Parker said...

What big boys! It's amazing to see how they've grown -- it's been a year now since we left. We miss you all -- especially at WAMR time!

We've got two new sites:
parkerfamily.wordpress.com
journal.albanychurch.net

Greetings and Blessings to all!

Sandi said...

This was such a sweet description of Gabe -- it's obvious that you love him in the moments that fill you with pride as well as the trying times. Thank you for sharing -- it helps me feel like I know him a little!

Springdoo Media Player